Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Coming Soon

Real life may get in the way shortly and the established schedules on this, and the other two blogs I maintain, may fall apart slightly until I get into a new rhythm, so I thought that I would give a rundown this week of my planned viewing schedule, so even if I don't post you can have a bit of an idea of what I'm watching.


Hahahahaha, as if any of you care, hahahaha. Shut up, I'm deluding myself that I have an audience. Leave me alone.

With the exception of Once Upon A Time; which I talked about recently; and The Vampire Diaries; which I may or may not do a S3 post on, to tie in with my discussion of the second series of novels on the book blog; there really isn't a lot happening on TV right now that's Quest worthy, so lets concentrate on DVD.

As I type this post, my current series on DVD is Game of Thrones S1. I've watched it, am now re-watching with commentaries, and should be through with it within a couple of days. Perhaps even by the time this post goes live, who knows? Beyond that I have a small but eclectic group of shows lined up.

First things first, I'll be finishing off the 70's version of The Tomorrow People, which I set aside in favour of GoT. With only 3 seasons left, and those relatively short compared to the earlier ones, it shouldn't take long to knock them off.

I'll be sad when this series is over. As I mentioned in this post, I have a huge amount of affection for the commentaries these discs provide but aside from that, the show itself has an odd charm that I can't quite put my finger on.

After that, a complete change of pace with Jekyll; the Steven Moffat scripted horror/thriller from 2007. I never saw the end of this when it was on TV, for reasons which I can't remember, and with his work on Doctor Who and Sherlock meaning we haven't exactly been short of Moffat stuff in recent years I guess I just never got around to tracking it down. I is a bad fanboy, I know.

At only 6 episodes, 2 commentaries and a documentary of indeterminate length, Jekyll hardly constitutes a massive investment of time, so it will be a quick jump from that to a bit of a blast from my childhood. This one, I'm really looking forward to...

DangerMouse! Yes! A complete run of every episode, in; and this is important; the correct running order. (The 25th anniversary box set had them in the wrong order. It was an OUTRAGE!) If you are reading this, and are of a certain age, you will understand just how excited I am to be digging into this show. If you are of any other age, well, I pity you quite frankly. You don't know you're born!

Finally, I have something which, technically speaking, doesn't qualify for the Quest, seeing as how it was a movie serial and not a TV show but what the Hell, right? I mean, how could you not watch something called Flash Gordon Conquers The Universe? Amirite? Eh? Yeah.


Beyond that, I don't know what'll happen, but I should be earning by then (new job; YAY),  so I suspect that Supernatural S6 won't be far behind, and possibly American Horror Story S1. That's to be decided though; plenty to keep me going with the stuff above.

So there you have it. My DVD viewing schedule for the near future. I won't be writing about only them, or all of them necessarily, or in any particular order, or... Yeah, this whole post is essentially meaningless, really. Still, you've read it now, so I don't care. Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Right there with you- I was super stoked when I found the complete Dangermouse on DVD.

    ReplyDelete